Issue date: 2016-07-28
1. What's Included in This Update
The new packages for Virtuozzo 7.0 introducing new features and bug fixes.
2. New Features
- Backups can now be attached as block devices to containers and virtual machines. Inside guests, attached backups work as regular disks. (PSBM-40870)
- Virtual machines can now be restored from Virtuozzo 6 backups to Virtuozzo 7 servers. (PSBM-45736)
3. Bug Fixes
- Delayed partition mounting is now supported in Virtuozzo 7. (PSBM-35278) This functionality cannot be used for partitions where pfcache is located. To be able to automount the /vz partition, make sure pfcache is not on /vz.
- The gateway configured in VMs by default could be inaccessible. (PSBM-48123)
- Cancelling a running operation could result in crash of prlctl. (PSBM-49025)
- Secondary disks of containers restored from Virtuozzo 7 backups could contain stale data. (PSBM-49091)
- Kernel panic at res_counter_uncharge_until. (PSBM-49117)
- Fixed a number of issues with setting VM guest user passwords through Virtuozzo tools (PSBM-49133, PSBM-49447, PSBM-49804, PSBM-49946)
- Windows Server 2012 VMs could not be migrated from Virtuozzo 6 to Virtuozzo 7. (PSBM-49140, PSBM-49158)
- Ploop filesystem could become read-only after online grow operation. (PSBM-49143)
- Balloon could be deflated if there were no pages in it. (PSBM-49176)
- Migration of containers with secondary disks between Virtuozzo 7 servers was not supported. (PSBM-49179)
- UTC was a hardcoded clock offset for KVM. Now UTC is set for Linux VMs and 'localtime' is set for Windows VMs. (PSBM-49185)
- In certain circumstances, VM disks could fail to mount. (PSBM-49268)
- Fixed a memory leak. (PSBM-49321)
- In certain circumstances, disk compacting could fail. (PSBM-49359)
- Improved backup performance. (PSBM-49670, PSBM-49709) and stability (PSBM-49207, PSBM-49454, PSBM-49668, PSBM-49689, PSBM-49699, PSBM-49764)
- Misleading error on Virtuozzo 6 to Virtuozzo 7 migration if virt-v2v is missing. (PSBM-49427)
- Improved migration performance (PSBM-49474) and stability (PSBM-49423, PSBM-49837)
- Fixed a number of usability issues in Virtuozzo installer (PSBM-49187, PSBM-49189, PSBM-49198, PSBM-49335, PSBM-49378).
- A number of performance improvements.
4. Obtaining the Update
You can download and install the update using the yum utility included in the Virtuozzo 7 distribution.
Copyright (c) 1999-2016 Parallels IP Holdings GmbH and its affiliates. All rights reserved.