Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 Update 6 Hotfix 3 (6.0.6-1998)
Synopsis: The new Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 update provides stability, usability, performance, and
Issue date: 2014-05-27
Product: Parallels Cloud Server 6.0
Keywords: 'bugfix' 'stability' 'usability' 'security'
What's Included in This Update
The new packages for Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 provide fixes for virtual machine, Container, and Parallels Cloud Storage management tools as well as a new kernel based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 kernel (2.6.32-431.17.1.el6). The updated kernel includes a number of security, performance, and stability fixes.
- Various kernel panics caused by stack overflow could be triggered by high disk I/O activity (#PSBM-23683, OVZ# 2846).
- Under certain circumstances, CentOS 6.5 virtual machine could hang (#PSBM-25427).
- Checkpointing code was enhanced to support ip6tables rules saving and restoring (#PSBM-25872, OVZ# 2916).
"numabalanced"service is designed to move Containers between NUMA nodes in order to increase overall system performance. Previously, such migrations resulted in confusingly huge values of "numastat:node_other" and "numastat:numa_miss" parameters (#PSBM-26309).
- Network console configured via bonded network interface could cause kernel panic (#PSBM-26668).
- Under certain circumstances, reinstallation of ploop Containers from Power Panel could not be possible (#PSBM-26738).
- VNC server could not start after a reboot from inside the Container (#PSBM-26740).
- Non-shared migration of Containers with custom private areas kept on Parallels Cloud Storage (#PSBM-26741).
All Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 users are advised to update their tools packages.
Obtaining the Update
You can download and install the update using the yum utility included in the Parallels Cloud Server 6.0 distribution.
Copyright (c) 1999-2014 Parallels Holdings, Ltd. and its affiliates. All rights reserved.